Sunday, January 17, 2010

Walk This Way!


Today moved forward to a healthier me several ways. The first is by driving to Athol, MA to Adams Farm to purchase some locally raised meats, that are pasture raised without hormones and antibiotics. Along the way we sighted several other Farms for local cheese, vegetable and fruit options. We picked up some ground beef, sweet sausage, chicken breasts and center cut pork chops, along with lamb stew meat (which I'm making in to an amazing stew as we speak) and some local cheese from Smith's Country Cheese. This is all apart of our personal 100-Mile Diet Challenge. We know we're not going to be able to do it all the way, but we're working towards it slowly.

The second way isn't really a big thing, but I have found myself doing it more and more since just before Christmas. Walking. After coming back from the farm and getting Mad Dog and the kids inside I ran over to The Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury. My intention was to go to Barnes & Noble to pick up a book on photography, but I also stopped in at Baby Gap to pick up and outfit for Loki with some of the gift cards she received at Christmas and her Birthday. I parked between the two locations and walked down to Baby Gap at the far end of the plaza, and the walked down to B&N. After that I drove over and parked at Dicks Sporting Goods and walked to Michaels and then to IParty (which are across the street from the first Plaza). I know it's not much but forcing myself to walk rather than moving the car each time gave me a little bit of exercise. I know it's not much, but it's SOMETHING! I think that counts.

1 comment:

  1. The walking absolutely IS something... good work! and let me know how that meat is (and how pricey it is.) I'd really like to start getting good meat locally. Too many horror stories out there about Franken-meats.

    ReplyDelete