Saturday, September 5, 2009

...was Curvaceous

I am 34 years old. 
I am a wife, mother of 2 children (under the age of 3) and I work. 
I am 5'3".
I am 232 lbs (according to my Wii Fit about 5 minutes ago). This makes my BMI 41.1, making me clinically considered obese


I started my journey last Tuesday officially, when I joined Weight Watchers. My first weigh in put me at 238.2 lbs. If the Wii is anywhere near correct I'm already down a few, making me happy. I have been trying. This is the heaviest I've been, with the exception of when I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter Loki. 


If I look my ideal weight up on the internet I'm told for my height I should be any where from 107 - 138 lbs. Ideally 116 lbs. I can't imagine being that weight. First of all I think I would be sick if I saw myself at 116 lbs. This is obviously not what I'm aiming for. I can't put a number on my ideal weight right now, but I do know when I see myself at it I'll know when I can stop.  


Why the name of the blog? Well anyone who knows me and Mad Dog, knows that we're geeks. We attend comic conventions and other geeky stuff. I want to go out and feel comfortable in what I'm wearing. This does not mean I want to put on short with "GAP" across my ass or something, but I would like to put on a cute skirt and shirt and go out. Wear a baby doll t-shirt and not be worried something is slipping out the bottom. I want the Fan Boys too look twice, like Mad Dog says they already do. 


I keep hearing in my head a line from Neil Gaiman's American Gods. When Shadow and Wednesday go to see Easter. She says. "...I knew I had to leave when I started to waddle. The tops of my thighs rub together when I walk now, can you believe that?" I need to leave my New Orleans like Easter did before it's too late. (This picture is me 25 lbs lighter.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Michael! Honestly you have inspired a lot of people. I think hear you put me in the right mindset.

    ReplyDelete