Sunday, December 6, 2009

Expedition Weight Loss

Last night I looked at gyms online, but I honestly don't see myself as a gym person. I have a friend is a "gym person" and she is currently doing a "Couch to 5K" program, this got me thinking what can I do at home. I started to look at programs that would be more of a "me goal".

I of course went to the extreme and did a Google search for "Expedition Everest Training" - yes there were links, but not think very useful. I then looked for something a little more local - "Application Trail Training" again some but not much. I did find one for "Preparing for Climbing Kilimanjaro" site. Had some tips, but I moved on to some basic hiking training sites.  Mad Dog and I talked and come the spring and summer we would like to see us go hiking more as family. Of course this would be at a slower pace because of the kids, but I would like to be in shape for that.

I think I'm going to look at my weekly schedule and plan 2 to 3 training sessions. Don't know just what this will entail yet - kind of making it up as I go along.

This week's weigh-in places my at 210.8 lbs, BMI 37.34 - down 1.9 lbs from last week. Placing my total weight loss at 27.4 lbs. Mad Dog lost 3.7 lbs this week placing him at 54 lbs total.  On with the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment