Saturday, February 27, 2010

Don't We Need Another Hero

Today as part of my on going research on the 100 Mile Diet, and my mini-goal of purchasing 50% of our groceries from Local sources I found myself searching of a Hero. Yes, anyone who knows me knows all about my love of comic books and though you can usually find a DC Comic's comic or toy somewhere within a 10 foot radius, I'm looking for the real heroes of the world.

A huge help in this research has been the CISA (Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture). Their website allows to you search local options, by farm or product. I have found I have grain, dairy, protein, vegetable and wine options. There is even a Winter Farmers Market in Natick that sets up in Natick on Saturdays (we missed the one in Wayland, MA).

I'm going to be teaching Lex and Loki all about the options and great foods we have right here in New England. I'm looking forward to visiting the farms, meeting the people and eating the freshest food possible. Join me in my drive to become healthier by eating something from your own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment