Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cue The Pulse to Begin


Today I made a commitment! I committed to attend 2 exercise classes next week. At work Covidien offers exercise classes to their employees during lunch hours and some at the end of the work day. The classes are free, held on site and are a half hour long. The classes range from Cardio, Step and Kick Boxing to Pilates, Zumba and Core Challenge (Abdominal and back exercises using stability balls, mini flex balls and weights to improve core strength, balance and flexibility).  I will attending a Pilates on Tuesday and Core Challenge on Thursday. My partner in crime in this venture is "The Fat Kid" and work support.

We selected the "least" sweaty classes, because we will have to go back to work after. There is a locker room with showers on site, but I don't know if I'm cool with that yet. Though I would like to try a Step class at some point. The plan for now is to get started and get moving. My biggest problem is finding the time for exercise, doing it during work and with it being free, as well has having additional support of my co-workers I think I will come out on top. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. We need to give props to Kim B she has been pushing the classes like someone else has been pushing the maple syrup!! HA!

    ReplyDelete